Many students travel abroad to other countries without their parents to secure higher education. But the costs of higher education are extravagant for those students. It is not simple for students to bear these costs abroad, so they’re applying for sponsorships at nonprofit organizations and universities to share the expenses or even acquire a visa for free or free-living. Also, they’re obtaining visas for free or reduced costs for breaking into new material, since they must live in a new place for studies.
When planning a student trip, parents often wonder how to best approach potential sponsors. Here is a guide on how to write a sponsorship letter for student travel. Start by introducing the student and explaining why they are deserving of your support. Next, describe the benefits of sponsoring the trip and what you expect in return. Finally, reiterate your commitment to the student and thank them for considering your organization.
Sponsorship letters are an important part of student travel. When looking for a sponsor, be sure to keep the following in mind:
-Be personal. Show that you understand the individual and their goals.
-Make your letter specific. Explain what the student will gain from the trip and why your company is the perfect match.
-Thank the sponsor for their support and let them know when the student plans to depart.
What is a sponsorship letter for student travel from parents?
Photo by Nataliya Vaitkevich
You submit a sponsorship letter between your application to study abroad and your acceptance to prove your eligibility for study abroad. Sponsorships can come from people or organizations, and they can provide financial assistance, in addition to other forms of support, if your parents choose to send you up alone.
How to write a sponsorship letter for student travel from parents?
If you’re considering sponsoring a student’s travel expenses, there are a few key tips you need to keep in mind before you start writing. First and foremost, make sure you have all the relevant information about your potential beneficiary – including their Name, Address, Email Address, and Phone Number. Once you have this info, it’s time to get down to business and write your sponsorship letter! Here are a few tips for crafting an effective letter:
– Start by expressing how much your support means to them – telling the student why traveling is important to them, what they’ll learn on their trip and why it matters to you.
– Make sure the letter is personal and heartfelt – conveying that this trip is something very special for the beneficiary. Let them know that their journey means a lot to you.
Sponsorship letter format
● In the first paragraph – Talk about the sponsor’s organization, Powerful message, Personal Connection
● Second paragraph (talk about money, services)
● Third paragraph (multiple paragraphs about the outcome, audience, etc.)
● Closing paragraph
Sample of writing sponsorship letter for student travel from parents
Sponsorship letter for student travel from parents 1
Sponsorship letter for student travel from parents 2
Sponsorship letter for student travel from parents 3
● Affidavit of Support Form I-134
● Copy of my H1B approval ( Form I-797)
● Copy of my passport, Visa along with I-94
● My Birth Certificate
● Letter of employment
● Copies of the last two salary statements
● Copy of my recent Bank statement and stock asset statement.
● Bank account verification letter
● Copies of last two years’ Tax returns statement-W2 Form
Things to must include in an international student sponsorship
1. Sponsor statement
● Sponsor’s signature
● Relationship to student
2. Bank’s official certification ( only needed if bank statement cannot be provided)
● Bank’s official name and title ( please print)
● Bank official’s signature
● Name and address of bank
3. Student statement
● Student name
● Student’s signature
● UNT ID
In conclusion, by writing a sponsorship letter, you are increasing the chances that your student will be able to travel safely and without any issues. So, take the time to write a great letter that will show your sponsor just how much you appreciate their help.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I hope it has helped you learn more about sponsorship letters and what they can do for students traveling from parents. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.